Tuesday, July 5, 2011

BSNL GPRS and troublesome customer care..

Last few weeks I came to realise how a customer care should never function, yes I am talking about our "friendly neighbourhood" BSNL.I had several unsuccessful attempts in converting my 2G sim to 3G, so finally I decided to stick with my 2G, but I need a bsnl gprs plan change.

So many plans were mentioned in BSNL website, confused with those plans I decided to call customer care, ringing, ringing, ringing......no answer for the last 2 days....so I started my search for the same in the world of internet.I got so much information from lot of forums, so I decided why not writing it all together  in my blog which may help few people who are and will be struggling to find an answer from customer care.

So apart from the usual pay per use plans for prepaid bsnl gprs there are quite a number of options.They are

















This looks quite good,but there is no information in bsnl site to know how to avail this.

For getting these you have to type GPRS7/13/54/89/199/245/303 (GPRS followed without space by the plan) and send to "53733"

GPRS 7 is for 7 with 100 mb and 1 day validity ,GPRS 13 for 14, GPRS 89 for 98 GPRS 199 for 219 GPRS 245 for 270 . The amount deducted and amount that you are sending as sms are different which is due to service tax.Only thing that is needed for a plan change is balance in your voice call amount and activated GPRS in sim(ofcourse you need that... lol )

Next big trouble is how to know the balance of GPRS usage  type DATA2G and send to "53733"  (different zones have different methods for knowing balance this is for south zone)

Finally I managed to pull that off......Thank God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment